Semansys is an international operating company in software solutions for financial reporting and business monitoring based on semantics and XBRL. The technology is being used by more than 200 financial institutions in 18 countries. Semansys has offices in Holland (Den Haag) and Bulgaria (Lovech and Plovdiv).
As a developer for Semansys you are expected to be pro-active working directly with the Product & Delivery Manager and Lead Developer to propose, recommend, deliver and support solutions, products, product modules or features to customers. This could involve recommending a new technology or technique, educating colleagues, discussing customer and market needs, designing, and building efficient software that “wows” our customer 😊
What else are you going to do
- Research, design, develop, and test new technologies or techniques with the team.
- Discuss new products, product modules, features, proof of concepts actively with the Product & Delivery Manager.
- Evaluate implementation options and techniques and recommendations with the Lead Developer.
- Keep up to date with industry (domain, functional, technical) trends and keep in mind how we can apply it. Occasionally supporting directly through contributions, presentations, hack-a-thons, etc.
- Maintain and extend current client (web and desktop) and server-side applications including integration, web services/APIs and business logic.
- Support applications into production with a DevOps mentality.
- Responsible for complete chain of software delivery from concept, designing, development, testing, documenting through a combination of tools and techniques.
What do you need for this job
- Completed Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or related study
- Pro-active communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- High level of ownership to ensure things are done (result orientated) and done to a quality you and your colleagues are happy with.
- Humility and openness towards learning and collaborating with colleagues regardless of seniority, experience, or knowledge.
- Positive mental attitude and “can do” approach towards problems and unknowns. Strong problem analyzing skills as well as pragmatic short- and long-term thinking.
What else do you bring to the table
- Experience or strong interest in the following technologies: C#, .Net, XML, XML Schema, JSON, HTML/XHTML, CSS, SQL, SOAP
- Experience in development of desktop client, web and API based solutions and working with open source technologies and 3rd party libraries.
- Experience and knowledge in large XML processing (input, mapping, querying, and rendering).
- Experience in high volume 24×7 cloud applications.
Obviously if you are fresh out of university, we’ll only expect 99% of these skills 😉
Why apply at Semansys
- This is your chance to work locally in Bulgaria, without the need to be stuck in traffic or to go and visit clients. We support home-working (max 2 days/week) for those who want to.
- Semansys was created in 1998 and acquired by Netsam in 2019. Netsam has ambitious goals for Semansys with a new business plan, new offices and lots of new hiring in Bulgaria.
Or, as the new CEO puts it: you can be part of a startup company within a stable and financially secure group.
- Semansys is currently undergoing the transformation from a desktop/server software company to cloud/API and mobile platforms. You will not work with legacy systems but get the chance to work with all the newer technologies like Azure, cross platform development (Electron, React Native, SSO, etc.), large data processing (NoSQL, data pipelines, etc.) and API first approaches (API Gateway, REST, JSON, GraphQL, JWT)
- We are open to hire both junior, medior and senior developers and even freelancers looking for a exclusive client relationship with the option to become an employee in future.
- We promote an open culture where your input and ideas are welcomed. Let’s build a great product together!
Don’t waste a minute and send your cv! If we think there could be a match we’ll contact you within a week. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com today.
- True North – Do what’s right for the customer, do what’s right for the industry, do what’s right for yourself, do what’s right for the company.
- Ownership – Don’t be afraid to get our hands dirty and get involved.
- Intensity – Under promise and over deliver. If you’re going to do it, put 110% of effort and quality into it.
- Positive Mental Attitude – There’s no problem that can’t be solved, there’s always something we can do.
- Humility – Know what you do know, know what you don’t know. Making mistakes and trying something to learn is OK.